CAMP MEDICAL DIRECTOR
Dates: July 31-August 14, 2021
The Laurel Foundation, dedicated to empowering children, youth, and families affected by HIV/AIDS and trans/gender non-conforming youth, is seeking a passionate and dedicated CAMP MEDICAL DIRECTOR who is responsible for all matters pertaining to the physical health of campers during our programs.
REPORTS TO: The position of Medical Director reports to the Camp Director and Medical Advisors on the Board of Directors
The Laurel Foundation, dedicated to empowering transgender/gender diverse youth, and children youth, and families affected by HIV/AIDS, is seeking a passionate and dedicated Camp Medical Director. We encourage members of the transgender and HIV community to apply. The Laurel Foundation was founded and runs on love. Established in 1993, The Laurel Foundation is committed to providing year-round, educational, mental health, and social support programs to transgender/gender diverse youth and children, youth, and families affected by HIV/AIDS. Through compassion and hope, The Laurel Foundation allows the children and youth we serve to experience the magic and wonders of childhood free from the stresses of their daily lives. The Laurel Foundation teaches children to believe in themselves and to understand each one of them has the ability to make his or her life as full and rich as the next child’s regardless of their gender identity or illness.
We have a one-week session for our transgender/gender diverse youth (6-17) in Mountain Center, CA (July 31-August 6) and a one-week session for our youth affected by HIV/AIDS (6-17) in Angelus Oaks, CA (August 70-14, 2021).
This very special camp program empowers the youth, creating a safe, brave space where they can be their authentic self. The program is life-changing not only for our youth but our volunteers as well. We would love to tell you more about this wonderful opportunity. Please visit us at Laruel-Foundation.org.
- Attend our 2021 summer resident camp programs from July 31-August 14, 2021
- Oversee camp’s medical program
- Review camper/volunteer medical applications prior to camp session
- Review applications of new medical staff prior to camp session
- Responsible for supervision of volunteer medical staff
- Comply with state and local health guidelines and ACA Standards with regard to medical care and COVID guidelines
- Responsible for scheduling and documenting and timely disbursement of medication and care for campers and volunteers
- Responsible for ordering and stocking medical supplies
The Medical Director will receive a stipend of $2,500.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining our team as Camp Medical Director and bringing hope, joy, and laughter into the lives of children, youth, and families affected by HIV/AIDS, and trans/gender diverse youth, please email your resume with a cover letter to Jobs@Laurel-Foundation.orgJobs