The Laurel Foundation is seeking a creative, organized, dedicated, detail-oriented, individual to join our year-round TEAM in our new position as Associate Director! If you are passionate about serving transgender/gender diverse youth and youth affected by HIV/AIDS, have prior experience building and managing resident camp programs, we welcome you to apply. The Associate Director position is based in Pasadena, California.
- Ability to supervise administrative staff
- Desire and ability to work with children and adults outdoors
- Prior work with transgender/gender diverse youth
- Ability to relate to one’s peer group
- Experience in recruiting and training volunteers to serve campers of all ages with varying abilities.
- Ability to deal with conflict and challenge in a way to create a positive result
- Positive communication, management, supervision, and support skills with staff and volunteers
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision
- Good character, integrity, and ability to adapt to various settings, including the camp environment
- Computer literate with proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Good telephone manner
- Maintain a professional and confidential manner at all times
- Good driving record and insurance
- Experienced in ACA accrediation
- Prior Camp Director experience (four years)
Under the general direction of the CEO, manage and supervise administrative staff for all operations of The Laurel Foundation’s programs/operations. Responsible for administration of all programs, including residential programs, online programs, collaborations, and day programs. This position performs secretarial, confidential, and administrative assignments pertaining to job responsibilities. Responsible for overall supervision and production of The Laurel Foundation’s year-round programs/operations.
Responsible to: CEO
- Responsible for hiring, training, and supervision of administrative staff
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of above staff member duties
- Prepare logs, reports, evaluations, applications, and/or presentations as needed for job responsibilities
- Conduct necessary research, documents, files, and correspondence
- Participate in Board meetings (prepare reports as needed)
- At the request of the CEO, perform various independent projects as needed
- Lead team that sets a good example, promotes teamwork, and encourages a positive, efficient work environment
- Responsible for executing all volunteer policies
- Attend and supervise all volunteer hiring and running volunteer training sessions
- Supervise volunteers at camp programs
- Create all camp programs to ensure objectives are met
- Evaluate all programs based on the organization’s mission and goals
- Propose needed changes to programs based on evaluation
- Ensure that all ACA (American Camp Association) standards have been met
- Responsible for the safeness of all programs
- In conjunction with the CEO, prepare the Annual Strategic Plan for the organization to be presented at the Annual Board meeting
- Responsible for the overall strategic plan of camp programs
- Represent The Laurel Foundation and its values to the public through speaking engagements, public testimony, and media interviews.
- Responsible for all public relations for the organization (speaking engagements, media interviews, etc.).
- Responsible for development planning of the organization. This includes, but is not limited to all public relations materials, such as The Laurel Foundation’s web page, billboards, brochure, and newsletter.
- Responsible for all matters pertaining to volunteers and program fundraising as it relates to the Volunteer Administrator.
This position is based in Pasadena, California
Salary: $52,000 – $60,000 Based on Experience